Silverio Pérez Rosado was born in Camarones, Guaynabo, Puerto Rico, on 20 June 1914. He attended school only up to the third grade.
Pérez Rosado was married twice. After he was widowed in the early 1940s, he entered into a second marriage with Victorina Figueroa Amador on 9 December 1944. In total, he fathered 14 children (three with the first wife, 11 with the second wife). He made his living working as a carpenter.
His eldest son, Silverio Pérez Figueroa (born 1948), is a Puerto Rican musician, writer, comedian, entrepreneur and broadcasting media host. In May 2023, he released a book titled “El secreto de mi padre” (English: My Father’s Secret), a biographical work that unveils the secrets behind his father’s longevity.
His uncle lived to be more than 100, his brother Teofilo Perez Rosado (1912–2014) lived to be 102, and two other siblings lived to be 92 and 89 respectively.
Up until he was around 109, he remained capable of crafting small tables and chairs in his carpentry workshop. His second wife passed away on 23 June 2022, at the age of 97, after 77 years of marriage. At the time, he had 37 grandchildren, 34 great-grandchildren, and two great-great-grandchildren. In March 2022, at the age of 107, he underwent craniotomy surgery. At that time, his son, Silverio, reported that his father had undergone two hip operations and had experienced severe bronchitis at various points in his life.
His age was verified by Jeffrey Xu, and validated by the LAS on 22 June 2022.
On 5 November 2023, following the death of 110-year-old Bienvenido Díaz Guilfú, he became the oldest (known) living man in Puerto Rico.
* “Silverio Pérez: “El humor lo heredé de mi padre“” – Activo Puerto Rico, 16 June 2019
* “Después de 77 años de matrimonio, hoy la muerte separó a Victorina Figueroa Amador de Silverio Pérez Rosado” – Facebook (Conociendo a Puerto Rico), 23 June 2022
* “Ayer! hace exactamente un año que mi padre salió airoso, a sus 107 años y 9 meses…” – Facebook (Puerto Rico y Orlando en alerta 24\7), 12 March 2023
* “Silverio Pérez se “despide” de su padre con un legado inmortal” – El Nuevo Día, 10 June 2023
* “Silverio Pérez Rosado nació en el pueblo de Guaynabo el 20 de junio de 1914 y cumplirá 109 años en una semana.” – Facebook (Conociendo a Puerto Rico), 13 June 2023